How to use the Burstcoin TestNet
The purpose of TestNet is to provide a sandbox so that users, developers, and exchange integration technicians can test and experiment with Burstcoin features without remorse. For assistance with TestNet, visit us on the Burstcoin Discord Server in the #testnet channel.
The most important rule in TestNet: NEVER USE YOUR REAL PASSPHRASE
HOW TO SETUP A TESTNET NODE
- Install the latest released version of the Burst Reference Software (BRS). This can be found on GitHub.
Edit/add the following in the conf/brs.properties file: These settings are the recommended minimum changes/additions needed to operate a TestNet node
- DEV.TestNet = yes
- DEV.P2P.BootstrapPeers = testnet-2.burst-alliance.org; testnet.getburst.net; 184.108.40.206; 220.127.116.11;
- DEV.P2P.rebroadcastTo = testnet-2.burst-alliance.org; testnet.getburst.net; 18.104.22.168; 22.214.171.124;
- P2P.NumBootstrapConnections = 2
If you need a private TestNet, such as for developing future revisions that might require a fork of the current chain, change the value of DEV.P2P.BootstrapPeers to the value of your localhost.
For access to another TestNet peer without having to install your own, see the list of TestNet public nodes below. To use a specific peer, change the ip address accordingly.
To reset your peer using the default H2 database:
- Remove all files under the burst_db folder.
To reset your peer using mariaDB database:
- Stop the node and execute the following in a terminal:
- mysql -u root
- Once in the mysql shell, execute the following commands (assuming $yourdatabase is your database’s name and $youruser is your user).
- DROP DATABASE $yourdatabase;
- CREATE DATABASE $yourdatabase;
- FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Restart node and wait until sync is complete.
Current TestNet facilities
TestNet public nodes