Network Distribution Strength Award
Network Distribution Strengthen Award (NDS-A)
A reward for full-node operators
The BURST Marketing Fund (BMF) operates the Network Distribution Strengthen Award (NDS-A) program to encourage the operation of full nodes and keeping nodes up-to-date with the latest software. It is funded by the community and paid daily.
To earn NDS-A rewards, open the brs.properties file located in the installation folder under “conf” (use note pad if a program is requested). Locate the following items, set the values, and then save and close the file. You will receive rewards in Burstcoin anytime your node qualifies.
- Install or update to the latest version of BRS. BRS is Burstcoin’s full node software.
- Set P2P.myPlatform = your Burstcoin account in RS format: (example: BURST-NMEA-GRHZ-BRFE-5SG6P) (awards will be paid to this account)
- Set P2P.shareMyAddress = yes
- Set”P2P.Port = 8123
- Allow your node to run continuously
The settings above are located in a text file inside of the
conf folder. Close BRS, open
brs.default, locate and change the values as necessary, and then save the file.
The award is paid each time a node has a qualifying uptime percentage, uses the latest version of the software, and is online at the time of the daily distribution.
- To verify your node setup, visit this Burstcoin Network Explorer. It may take several hours for your node to be discovered by the network.
- To verify that your node is communicating on Port 8123, visit the open port checker.
- If Port 8123 does not show as open while BRS is running or you cannot locate your IP address in the explorer, see the full node section at https://www.burstcoin.community/brs-installation.
Note: Qualifying nodes must have a latency of less than 1000ms.
Please note: Reward amounts and qualifying standards such as wallet version and uptime percentage are subject to change and are set by the program operators (currently the Burst Marketing Fund).
To contact the development team or request assistance with anything related to this project, please contact us on the Burstcoin Discord channel.