Network Distribution Strengthen Award (NDS-A)
A reward for full-node operators
The BURST Marketing Fund (BMF) operates a program to encourage the operation of full nodes and keeping nodes up-to-date with the latest software. It is called the Network Distribution Strengthen Award (NDS-A). This is funded by the community and paid on a daily basis.
How to receive the NDS-A award
- Install or update to the latest version of the Burst Reference Software (BRS)
- Set P2P.myPlatform = your Burstcoin account in RS format: ( award will be paid to this account )
- Set P2P.shareMyAddress = yes
- Set”P2P.Port = 8123
- Allow your node to run continuously
The award is paid each time a node has a qualifying up time percentage, is using the latest version of the software, and is online at the time of the daily distribution.
- To verify your node setup, visit this Burstcoin Network Explorer. It may take several hours for your node to be discovered by the network.
- To verify that your node is communicating on Port 8123, visit the open port checker.
For the complete guide to setting up the latest version of BRS and operating a full node, visit the Burstcoin Software Library.
Note: Qualifying nodes must have a latency of less than 1000ms.